I have a plan to raise $10,000 for some awesome organizations by Sept. 22, 2013 – the day I run in Ironman Lake Tahoe. Only 55 days away! Raised so far: I just finished the tally and uploading $$ from the fundraisers – see the results in the blog post, below! Want to increase this total? Chip in a few bucks to one of our causes here, or participate in one of our upcoming fundraising events.
Over the last 100 days of our fundraising drive, we have an ongoing fundraising challenge! Every day for the last 100 days before Ironman Lake Tahoe, I’ll be picking out a motivational winner that earns $5 to the TFAC cause of their choice. Lots of winners so far – the first series of deposits have been made! How do you win? Go find out the details here.
Re-entry isn’t all that easy
So, this is going to be a FAST post. Let me give a super fast recap of the last two weeks.
- Theo and I drove from LAX to PDX. 16 hours straight up the I-5 corridor. We settled in at Casa de mi padre, had just enough time to settle in and get some work done… and then…
- Headed up to Seattle for Ragnar on Thursday. Friday and Saturday were the relay – no sleep, run fast, rinse, repeat.
- The day after, Sunday, we hosted the TFAC Tasting Challenge wine/beer tasting and silent auction (followed by a late night cleanup effort).
- This was followed by several late nights and all-nighters trying to build an impossible-to-build financial model for work.
- Followed by a Vintage Cocktail Friday night with my buddy Jeff – we are evil influences on each other (evil in the best way, of course). Yeah, no sleep that night.
- And, oh yeah, I drove back to Redondo Beach on Saturday night straight on through (16 hours… but Theo is one magnificent co-pilot).
So. Yes. I’ve pretty much had no sleep for, oh, the past 2 weeks. Re-entry into the real world has been far from easy.
But do you want to know what? My Ragnar Northwest Passage teammates have raised upwards of $4,000 for our cause. Yeah, that is some serious coinage and even more severe levels of AWESOMENESS!
And the TFAC Tasting Challenge wine/beer tasting event and silent auction netted a good $1,700 for charity. Yeah – in one night that all rolled in.
Combined, right now we are ahead of schedule toward the $10,000 goal. Yep, according to our Crowdrise page we are at a tasty little $8,902 right now. Let me repeat this for posterity: we’ve raised $8,902 so far. SO FAR!
Yeah, I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight. (no jokes from the peanut gallery on the inside joke here!)
Bonus announcement! Lauren and I were talking about doing a fundraising event in Redondo Beach in the late August to early September timeframe to finish off this raising of funds gig with a flourish. I suggested wine tasting… she said, “OK… but you have something special coming up in late August, so let’s just throw a party! And in lieu of presents, or bringing beer or wine or anything else at all, just have them chip in a few bucks!”
SOLD! It is a milestone day that I’ve been dreading a bit… but I think instead of hiding away I want to spend it with the folks that are going to push us past our fundraising target. Are you game?
Stay tuned! More details will be rolling out soon!