Quick recap: I have a plan to raise $10,000 for some awesome organizations by Sept. 22, 2013. One month in and so far we are on track. Raised so far: $925.
If you’ll recall, going way back to when this whole thing started, there are two facets of the plan that we really haven’t explored very much, yet:
- Races. I sponsor you in a race by paying your entry fee and helping you train. In return you promise to raise some $$ for charity. Ragnar Northwest Passage, for example. Go check out the fundraising page for more information on fulfilling your charity pledge.
- You challenge me. To a race. To a board game. To a spelling competition. Proceeds of the challenge go to charity.
Challenge #2. My challenge to you. Let’s do this. In two weeks I want to have my race calendar for the rest of 2012 and 2013 planned out. All filled up to the brim with a myriad of competitive event goodness.
And I want to be able to circle a few of them (all of them?) in red pen… as CHALLENGE races/events. Where I have somebody I’ve sponsored there with me, or where I’ve accepted a challenge from you.
I would like to take on at least one event per month. Some months I can do more. Some months it will be difficult, due to work and training cycles for the “big” races, to do more than one. Heck, sometimes even one event will be difficult… but we’ll get it done.
My schedule so far for this 365-day challenge:
- October 2012: Hermosa Beach Triathlon (10/7). Done. 3rd age group. 14th overall.
- November 2012: open
- December 2012: open
- January 2013: open
- February 2013: Pasadena Rock and Roll Half Marathon (2/17) – tentative
- March 2013: Napa Valley Marathon (3/3) and/or LA Marathon (3/17) – tentative
- April 2013: open
- May 2013: Ironman 70.3 St George, Utah (5/4) – tentative
- June 2013: Redondo Beach Triathlon (dates TBD) – waiting for registration to open
- July 2013: Ragnar Northwest Passage (7/19-20) – TfaC challenge race!
- August 2013: open
- September 2013: Ironman Lake Tahoe (9/22) – The BIG race. My “A” race.
Some rules: there are none. I am willing to entertain the notion of traveling. I am willing to take on marathons, half-marathons, 10K runs, 3-mile fun runs, triathlons of all distances, tiddlywinks competitions, street basketball tournaments, rock-paper-scissors tournaments, grilled cheese eating competitions… you get the idea. I am even willing to consider alternate/additional events on those months where the event listed is tentative.
Think about events that you want to do. Things you are scared to do (remember the rules about setting a TARGET?). Things you’ve dreamed of doing. And then let’s go do them!
Give me suggestions in the comments section below, or on the Tri-ing for a Challenge page on Facebook, or on my Facebook page, or to my e-mail address. I want this race calendar filled up… and I want to see your smiling face there.
Ready… Set… GO!!!!!
Tri-ing for a Challenge is on Facebook! Like us! We like you…